Re: A question for the readers at 6Pack

To: <mbrandon0512@ROGERS.COM>
Subject: Re: A question for the readers at 6Pack
From: Shane Ingate <madmax_xx@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 15:32:19 -0500
Mike Brandon wrote:

> I'm thinking for having my TR's engine reworked, i.e. Timing gear, camshaft,
> etc. etc., pull out the motor and have done!  I wondered if there's anyone
> on the list who has had this sort of work done and what sort of $'s are we
> talking about?

Mike, I'm going this route, probably over-the-top.  If you have a look at my
list of things done/to-do at http://triumph.hottr6.com/hottr6.html, I have
budgeted US$7,000 for my motor.  Building the drive-train to hang off this
healthy motor is eye-opening in terms of $$$.  Clearly, one does not have to
go this far for a good motor, though on the other hand, I can guarantee that
I could easily double the amount spent on this motor.

Set your budget, cost out the parts and labor, add 20% over-run.  Iterate on
this a few times and then have fun!

Shane Ingate in Maryland