RE: Autozone Distributors/Distributor Rebuilds

To: "'William Maslin'" <cwrm4@yahoo.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Autozone Distributors/Distributor Rebuilds
From: "Vink, Graham" <vinkg@fleishman.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 14:26:35 -0600
I don't know why TRF is so high-priced, except that perhaps they do the work
in their own shop and pay those outrageous rural Pennsylvania salaries ...

:)

Some years ago, I bought a rebuilt distributor for a 69 TR6 (a hard-to-find
year for that distributor because it had both vacuum advance and retard)
from British Parts Northwest for around $150, and was pleased.

actually, with Autozone, you should be sure to check that whatever they're
selling has the correct advance/retard setup for your specific year. As I
recall, TR6 distributors varied over the years from dual vacuum ports to one
port to zero ports, depending upon emission requirements.

--Graham