Re: Old wives tale?

To: "Kai M. Radicke" <kai@radiohead.net>
Subject: Re: Old wives tale?
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 12:56:27 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Kai M. Radicke wrote:

> Robert M. Lang wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Kai M. Radicke wrote:
> >
> > > Tony's car was a solid axle, as was the car that flipped at Mid-
> > > Ohio.
> >
> > Not to nit-pick, but the axle failure/roll-over was actually at Road
> > America in WI. It was in the turn called "the carousel".
> >
> > It was _very unfortunate_. The ol' 59 was a very, very nice car.
>
> Not to nit-pick Bob, but I was talking about two seperate incidents of solid
> axle failure... Tony's car (or rather his father's car) AND the British TR5
> that flipped at Mid-Ohio.

Ah. Except the TR5 incident at Mid-Ohio was not a flip (nor an axle
failure). There was a TR4 (George Wright) that flipped at Mid-Ohio that
had an axle depart. That car had the so-called Chip Bond axle setup which
was a duplicate of the factory axle with modern (new) materials... it was
still the same design as the orignal.

Glad we cleared that up!

> Kai

rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |