Re: Re: Fwd: RE: Possible engine swap for Tr6

To: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: Re: Fwd: RE: Possible engine swap for Tr6
From: "James Franks" <jimmble@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 18:06:16 -0400
Yeah,Bob,

You may be right about the exhaust. I'm going to weld up a mild steel 2
1/2" myself first off to see how the package works before getting a nice
3" job done.

I actually bought 2 running Turbocoupe cars for less than $800.00, and
the second was too nice to part out, so I sold it, made a couple
hundred, and am now rounding up a hydraulic bell housing diff, and
driveshaft to round out the parts required. I got all the wiring
harness, computers, relays, etc. by buying complete cars. DEFINITELY the
way to go. There are lighter motors than this lump, but it's plentiful,
reliable, and CHEAP!

There are 2 reasons I'm staying with the late TC rear. First, it's a
posi 8.8 and matches up with the original driveshaft without having to
get a custom one made. An Al one from an Aerostar will work, too.
Second, the TC rear came with disk brakes. I just can't help thinking
how cool that will be. (And cheap) The only drawbacks are drilling both
the rotors and the flanges, and the 8.8 is a circlip rear.... if I shear
an axle I could lose a wheel.

Remember, I AM a Triumph guy after all!!   LOL

Jim

Did I mention I like cheap?