Stuck clutch

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stuck clutch
From: "Marc Nederkoorn" <nederkoorn@vinden.nl>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 22:34:12 +0200
Listers,

In preparing my TR6 for the road I have encountered a clutch that won't
disengage. I had it apart, some years ago and put it back together for the
lining was sufficient and there were no other obvious failures. After all,
it was working before. The clutch fork is welded to the shaft (DPO repair),
there is not too much play on the clevis pins. I have two possibilities
myself: clutch is stuck to the flywheel (I tried to free it by jacking up
the car, in gear, engine running and jamming on the handbrake, no result).
Or one of the cylinders, master or slave, is not working properly. How to
check that?
I shure would hate to take the freshly assembled interior apart again to
pull the tranny. (Looks terrific and very pleased with the quality, bought
from John Skinner NFI)
I hope the collective wisdom can help me out?
(I live in the Netherlands so I'm in digest)

Marc Nederkoorn
74 TR6