Restoration paint job

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Restoration paint job
From: "Paula J. Graffam" <pjgraffam@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 12:37:35 -0500
Hello listers,
Thank you all for the wonderful response I received re. my dilemma about
the expensive quote I got ($7500) for a paint job on my 74 French Blue 6.
 It does pay to shop around and get into a mini quote war with two very
good shops.

I've settled with the lowest bidder @ $5000 that can promise delivery
time of one month or less!!!  That includes a guarantee of workmanship
for as long as I own the car.  One of the best features of this deal is
the speed and experience of the garage.  The owner has a nice way with
the customer and when it comes to the nervous LBC owner who stays up at
nights wondering how the car is doing, it should go a long way to easing
my mind.

I really don't care much if I'm exceeding the value of the car.  If
you're like me, the appreciation that we get from other people when they
see the unique style of a TR6 and the care we give it far outweighs the
money that some of us pour into these fomer rust buckets.  For all I know
I'm going to need an engine overhaul next season - ($3000)!!!  Thank God
my wife loves this car too !

Al Graffam,  Suffield, Ct.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!