hs6 carbs

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: hs6 carbs
From: "Matt M." <afterburn27@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 16:08:17 -0800 (PST)
OK, I am in the process of putting my engine back
together after I got my cam from APT in California. I
just acquired a set of SU HS6 carbs from an Austin
Healey 100-4; my dad is helping rebuild a 100-4 and
the customer had an extra set which he gave to us.
First of all, would it be benificial for me to install
these carbs on my six, or should i leave the stock
strombergs on? Obviously, they wont bolt on directly
to the six's manifold, and the linkage will need to be
redone. What is the best way to go about this? Will I
need to purchase a new manifold? Also, I know there
are a variety of needles for the HS6's, what do you
guys recommend? Thank you in advance for your advice.

                                  -Matt '74 TR6
http://sports.yahoo.com/