Cracked Diff Mounts...

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cracked Diff Mounts...
From: "Dwayne Cooper" <dcooper@paciolan.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 08:59:26 -0800
I've been putting together my '74 for about the last year.  I'm just now
sneaking out to road test it a little bit and hear the dreaded
"rear-end-thunk" which by everything I've read points to cracked diff mounts.
>From what I've read on the VTR site, this is pretty easy to diagnose -- I'll
be putting the car up on jackstands over the weekend to inspect.

How does one go about getting something like this fixed.  I'm guessing the
differential has to be removed before new mounts can be welded in.  Will a
welding shop do this (remove the diff)?  Or, do I need to drop it out and
somehow transport the car to the shop.  What will an operation like this cost?
Any tips or advice would be most appreciated.

Dwayne Cooper
'74