Re: TOW Bars

To: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: TOW Bars
From: "James Franks" <jimmble@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 17:44:56 -0500
I want to say that Robert is correct, there isn't any mechanical
connection to spin the layshaft with the engine stopped, and trans in
neutral. It will spin, however. I don't believe I've ever seen a box
loose enough to not spin the input shaft when the output is spun, and I
still don't believe towing will hurt. But I do rebuild transmissions!
(wink)

I've also tow-dollied cars to Ohio from Alabama with no damage, but you
should certainly all do as you think best.

BTW Robert, I believe I have an early crank around if you  want to go
that route instead of a late crank..... let me know if you are
interested, and I'll have it checked.

Jim