Re: Crank shim correction- correction

To: 6pack list <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Crank shim correction- correction
From: Peter Macholdt <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 19:59:17 -0500
OK- it turns out that the last time the fan extension was reinstalled (about
5K mile ago) the big bolt was not tightened completely.  I noticed that it
was way loose when I took everything apart this time.  Anyway, this allowed
the crank sprocket to work forward a bit.  I never thought to tap it back
before I measured it with the straight edge.

When I replaced the sprocket this time, it went all the way on and now
aligns perfectly with the cam sprocket without the use of any shims.

I degreed the cam today.  Took about 3 hours to get it right, but it feels
like a real accomplishment!

Thanks to all for the help.

Peter
'68 TR250