RE: putting the top down

To: jack williams <jackandangie@attbi.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: putting the top down
From: Keith Meinhold <keith@navyboy.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 19:00:18 -0800
I am always very careful when folding the top.  My father was a car dealer,
including BL cars and I can tell you there was plenty of damage from owners
not folding tops correctly.  But more importantly take care of the clear
plastic parts, they are truly the most fragile.  More often than not this is
where these tops start to fail, the windows become obscure or cracked.
Always use plenty of water and never any chemicals on the clear plastic
"Glass" when cleaning, When folding the top protect the glass with a soft
towel - or if your really over the top like me a Chamois.  And if possible
never fold or pinch the glass.  One last note - don't leave your top in the
folded position for more than a few days.

PS:   I follow instructions I found on the VTR site:
http://www.vtr.org/maintain/tr6-top-folding.html

Keith Meinhold
66 Marston Avenue
San Francisco CA 94112