RE: TRF

To: "Mackay, Steve" <steve.mackay@analog.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TRF
From: "Eric Conrad" <conrade2@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 10:28:06 -0700
I hate getting involved in this discussion, but I seen and heard it too many
times.  I'll preface my comments by saying that I have never had service or
quality concerns with TRF.  My dealings with them have been positive.  I
completed a true frame-up restoration in two years time and have only
experienced 4 or 5 backorder issues with TRF (one backorder item was the
green hose kit, and another ongoing backorder item is the brown furflex
material for the interior trim).

Many of us seem to believe that all (or at least many) of the parts for our
cars should be available in the time it takes to place a phone call and wait
for the FedEx guy.  Give me a break, not even the parts manufacturers for
new cars do this.  We are working on classic cars that are at least 25 +
years old.  Parts manufacturers and suppliers may have an idea of the
numbers of these cars that are drivable and / or under restoration - this
information can help a provider to calculate sales forecasts.  However, this
is not an exact science - especially because the economy can greatly affect
an individual's decision of whether to undertake an expensive rebuild, sell
the car, or just keep it for a future project.  From a businessman's
perspective, this market must be volatile.

Personally, I am very grateful that TRF is around; I almost always include
them in my call list for parts.  If an item I need soon is on backorder, and
another supplier has it in stock, I'll typically choose to place the order
for that particular item elsewhere.  For now an into the future, I will
choose to support TRF's owner and staff (I consider them to be "grassroots"
entrepreneurs and enthusiasts) as often as I am able.  In return for my
customer loyalty, I expect that the service and quality I receive is above
board.  I have not been forced to question my loyalty yet.

Eric
'76 TR6  (CF52678U +0)