RE: TR6 Seats/BMW Seats

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR6 Seats/BMW Seats
From: William Whitmoyer <wwhitmoyer@samsonite.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 11:12:21 -0500
Hey, a cross-over to my other list.  Best guess....E30 M3 seats (1988-91),
which are about $500 a pair well used. BMW also used the same or very
similar seats on the 1988 325iX (only that year) or as part of the "sport"
interior package.  The adjustable thigh support and ability to fit in TR6
(unlike, say, the late 80's M5 or M6 seats) points to the E30 M3 as the
donor car).  The E36 (1991-late 90's 3 series) have wider seats, I
think.  If anyone is interested, Zionsville Autosport sells a lot of used
BMW parts to racers, so you might give them a call to get dimension info.

PS Since this is a TR6 list: E30 refers to the BMW internal designation for
body type, the E30 is the 3 Series running from 1984 to 1991.

-----------------cut----------------------------
At any rate, the guy had built the car for "cruising", so comfy seats were
paramount. He wound up with something out of a BMW, although I can't for
the life of me recall exactly which BMW. But figure a mid-eighties 3
series (probably an E30 or M3). The seats very much looked like Recaro
seats with all the good stuff like adjustable thigh supports etc. Very
nice!

William Whitmoyer
69 TR6
90 BMW iX