more early TR6 stuff

To: "6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>, <lbc4me@hotmail.com>
Subject: more early TR6 stuff
From: "Rex Townsend" <rrt@connectexpress.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 20:19:02 -0800
Walt and list,
Walt, I wouldn't lose too much sleep over painting the windscreen frame body
color.  After all, I don't think that there were any fixed change-over
points for many of the items that changed during the model years.  It
appears when they ran out of one thing, they switched to the other - and
sometimes not necessarily in straight chronological order.  So, have solace
in the fact that at least a fair amount of 1969s had painted windscreen
frames and maybe yours did originally, or maybe it didn't!  BTW, does your
have the painted piping between the fenders and the rear deck?

On sort of the same note, I have a car spotter pocket guide circa 1970 that
has a picture of a 1970 TR6 (UK version) with really interesting wheels.
The wheels are open wheels with the black centers and chrome lug nuts yet
they have the flat areas and the missing holes where the hub cap mounting
nipples were located on the 1969 style wheels.  Has anyone actually seen
wheels like these?

Rex Townsend