Fw: Rocker Shaft Oil Plugs & Front Crank shims.

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Rocker Shaft Oil Plugs & Front Crank shims.
From: "R Yahne" <yahs@povn.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 13:59:42 -0800
Two questions for the members. I need help on directions installing the oil
plugs in the rocker shaft. The replacements for Moss appear oversized.
Attempts to install these resulted in the bottom breaking out of the new
plugs. Anyone have any experience with these they can share?

My second question is about the shims that fit behind the lower timing chain
gear allowing alignment with the driven cam gear on the front of the block.
The originals were distorted due to a small lip on the crank. The
replacements do not fit over this lip and will also become distorted if I
attempt to install without some modification. Should I attempt to remove the
lip on the crank or enlarge the opening of the shims?

Thanks

Dick Y.
74 TR6