Re: TR genuine original factory Radio (inquiry/rant)

To: <corey.sherman@rcn.com>, <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR genuine original factory Radio (inquiry/rant)
From: "Paul Johnson" <pjonmanana@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 17:58:11 -0600
Radio observation -

The writer is correct in questioning how a radio could be a 'genuine' BL
part that pre-dated BL.  I worked for the distributors for Central US all
during the 70s, and can tell you that during that period there was no such
thing as a 'factory' radio.  Each distributor worked their own deal with a
radio supplier.  We used Panasonic in all of our cars.  I know this to be a
fact, having been the one who purchased, stocked, and dispensed the parts,
designed, sourced, purchased, stocked and dispensed the bits used to install
them.  Hope no one's bubble is broken, but we all need to be pretty careful
of the information coming from all the experts out there.  I cannot speak
for any of the other distributors in the US.

Paul
'72