Re: TR6 Engine

To: Sally or Dick Taylor <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Engine
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 16:10:27 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 7 Jan 2002, Sally or Dick Taylor wrote:

[stuff deleted]

> Do others may have a way to do this crank removal
> while bolted to this type of engine stand?

I remove the clutch and rear engine plate while the motor is suspended
from a chainfall... and then mount the motor to the stand by two of the
three top holes and then the two lower corner holes that are in the block.

Mounted in this manner, you have full access to the crank for
installation/removal.

Once the crank is installed and I need to mount the rear-plate and
flywheel (like when installing and timing the cam) I use whatever outer
bolt holes in the end-plate I can get lined up.

Removing the crank with the rear engine plate in place is pretty near
impossible.

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |