RE: TR6 Engine

To: "Harmon, Mike" <MHarmon@sces.org>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 Engine
From: "Mike D'Ambrogia" <mdambrogia@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 07:25:15 -0800
Mike,

The engine weighs about 460lbs  (ahh, the joy of british iron...)

The plate on the engine stand should have some fingers attached that swivel
around allowing you to adjust them to the location of the bolt holes on your
motor where the trans bellhousing goes (not to the flywheel/flexplate!)
should look something like this when its mounted:
http://www.foutzmotorsports.com/F-250_Construction/F-250%20Part%204%20Images
/F250%20engine%20-%20garage%20-%20on%20stand.JPG.  Hmmm, wonder if that
would fit under the hood instead??

The stand may/should look somthing like this:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=32915.  But
the pic shows the fingers

Good luck with your motor pull,

mike