RE: New Top Installation

To: Neil Beesley <neil.beesley@securesult.co.uk>
Subject: RE: New Top Installation
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 07:28:49 -0700
I also installed a mohair hood on my TR6.  My experiences where just like
Neil's - twice as long to fit but well worth the effort.  The hood is down
about 75% of the time so it looks brand new.  When it is up, the mohair
really does make the car look smart.

Dave Stauffacher
Ramona, Ca
1970 TR6 PI

Hi,

I fitted one such Mohair hood - apart from the usual
takes-twice-the-time-you-thought fitting experience, it's great, fitted
perfectly first time, and really improves the look and feel of the car,
IMHO.

My suspicion is that because they can't be heated and stretched, they have
to make the canvas tops the right size from the start. Certainly the vinyl
hood-cover I bought previously has always seemed about half an inch too
short in every dimension, which was what put me off vinyl.

Downside is they're supposed not to last as long, and start to fade with
exposure to strong sunlight. But the UK weather doesn't really cause too
much of a problem, there !

Neil Beesley
'70 TR6
CP52411