Re: magic clutch, anti-spin pin

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: magic clutch, anti-spin pin
From: Btp44@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 15:18:34 EDT
All of the agonizing about clutch TO problems caused me to dig out an old QH
clutch set I had replaced during an engine rebuild. It had gone about 30K
miles and the TO bearing had worn a groove in the fingers equal to about 1/3
of the thickness. The fingers and bearing was straw color from the friction.
The anti-rotation pin was fitted. I didn't give this much thought at the time
because I was having release problems and thought the two condtions might be
related. I will defintely fit a return spring and maybe an adjustable push
rod, hoping that it doesn't create another problem.
Its always something.
Berry Price
Albany, OR