FW: Alternator, Ignition Light

To: "6packlist (E-mail)" <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: FW: Alternator, Ignition Light
From: Chris Kincer <KincerC@abcbank.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 09:09:28 -0500
Ok, got my alternator back from being rebuilt.  Hooked everything back up,
jumped the car off because the battery was flat dead.  Car kept running once
I unhooked jumper cables.  I thought that was a good sighn, but my volt
meter is only showing close to 12 volts.  If I let the car die it would not
start back up without jumping off.  Put a charger on the battery all day
yesterday.  Installed in the car and it started no problems.  Still only
getting close to 12 volts.  I fiddled with my igniton light and now it stays
on when the key is out of the ignition, but will go off when the car is
started.  What gives?  Could have I hooked up the alternator wrong?  The
light going on and off corresponds with the furthest right brown wire with
yellow stripe.  If hooked up the ignition light will glow with the key off.
Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Chris Kincer
73 TR6