Re: J Type Overdrive Conversion Kit

To: "6 Pack Digest" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: J Type Overdrive Conversion Kit
From: vze2846b <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 17:59:42 -0500
Jim,

John Esposito from Quantum Mechanics is a good guy and he seems to know a
lot about TR transmissions and ODs.  He was originally referred to me by
John Swaggert at The Roadster Factory.  I was in urgent need of some hard
to find parts for an A-type OD and John E. sold them to me at a very
reasonable price.  When one piece turned out to be unusable, he promptly
sent a free replacement without waiting for the previous part back and
without charging me shipping.

In retrospect, I wish I had purchased my "rebuilt" OD from him instead of
Auto Forum.  (I'm still looking for Jim Pennington, the guy who sold me
this OD.  Any info as to his whereabouts is greatly appreciated.)

I would buy fro John with complete confidence.

Peter
'68 TR250 w/OD

>Hey does anybody know the guy who is selling a rebuilt J type overdrive
>and installation kit on ebay?  I am interested but he hasn't used ebay
>much and is located in Connecticut.  I am in Florida and if there is a
>problem it's a long ways away.  What do you all think?  Is it easy to
>convert over a standard 4 speed with the parts he lists: overdrive
>mainshaft, switches, harnesses, housing etc.
>Thanks in advance. The ebay link is listed below.
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=53761160
>9&r=0&t=0
>
>--
>Jim Henningsen