Re: J Type Overdrive Conversion Kit

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: J Type Overdrive Conversion Kit
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 13:34:08 -0800 (PST)
Attaching an o/d unit to your gearbox will require the complete
disassembly and reassembly of your existing gearbox.  This is quite a
big job, one that you may or may not want to do yourself.  Of course,
that would be the perfect time to overhaul the gearbox, replacing
syncros, bearings, seals, etc.  Also, you will have to drill and tap
the gearbox top cover for the o/d inhibitor switch.  The wiring part of
the conversion is pretty easy.

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=537611609&r=0&t=0