RE: Rheostat

To: "6 Pack (E-mail)" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Rheostat
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 13:48:04 -0700

You don't say why you are pulling the knob off. Presumably it's not just to
have a look at the shaft of the rheostat... In which case, if you are doing
more work on the dash, you might try placing the dash (wood part) in the
"service position" (the Bentley book discusses this in one of the sections).
That way you might be able to push the knob off from behind. When I removed
mine a while ago, I recall it was quite tightly attached to the shaft and
pushing it off worked quite well. It also protect the dash from scratches.

HTH

Peter Zaborski (CF 58310 UO)