Re: Current pricing

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Current pricing
From: TR6GREG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 14:28:39 EST
Wayne, I concur with Mark about your choices and pricing when you're in the
market for a TR6... I have a 1972 model that I purchased in Dallas in 1995, a
good solid straight car with original paint, interior, and engine.  It needed
an  interior and an engine rebuild, paint was not terrible for being
original, but far from perfect, and a very solid suspension.  It ran and
drove fine, and had 96,000 miles on it, all done out west.  I paid $3200 for
it, hired a transport service to ship it to my home, (cost was $500 and worth
it, IMHO).  I drove the car the first year I had it and then tore it
completly apart and totally rebuilt it, everything, frame and all.  After 2
1/2 years, it was back on the road, my father and I did all the work except
for the paint (we did most of the prep work for the paint, though).... I now
have a very, very nice TR6 that I had so much fun and enjoyment with while
rebuilding and now I'm having a blast with driving...the cost?  I have a
total of $14,500 invested in it.  If you aren't interested in rebuilding one,
by all means, buy a car that is already restored or is very solid and
dependable. I think you should be able to get a very nice driver car anywhere
from 5 to 10K, depending on what the overall condition is.  Have someone look
at prospective cars with you that is unbiased and knows what he/she is
looking at.  The 6-Pack has a surrogate buyers network that is available for
members who are looking for a car and it's well worth the cost of membership
for this service alone, especially if you aren't familiar with the car, which
sounds like from your question that you are somewhat familiar from your
previous ownership, but it still is a valuable asset to have when you are in
the market.  If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to
ask...that's what this list is all about!

Greg Donegan
72 TR6  CC82492U
Hebron, KY