Re: Brake Fluid

To: wwhitmoyer@samsonite.net (William Whitmoyer)
Subject: Re: Brake Fluid
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 00:09:31 -0700 (PDT)
William---Nice recap on the brake fluids. The stuff I just put into my
clutch hydraulics isn't the silicone kind, altho made by Valvolne and
called "Synpower" or something that makes it sound like a real
synthetic. Synpower it a glycol, according to the can posting, so it
mixes with the typical DOT's 3 & 4, but claims to have a higher boiling
point.

Charles---Sorry for any confusion on the changing over from DOT 3 to 4.
I thought it was a slip when you referred to the silicone bit, since
both 3 & 4 are both glycol ether formulas, the 4 being an upgrade, or
later concoction. Mea Culpa..

Dick T