Fwd: TR6 front brakes sticking on

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: TR6 front brakes sticking on
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@psu.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 11:32:45 -0400
If both of your front brakes seem to be sticking on, then I might have the
answer.  After you bleed the brakes, drive around a bit (near to home).  If
after a few stops, you seem to be down on power again, pop the hood and
loosen (just a bit) the pipe that goes from the master cylinder to the
front brakes (at the master cylinder).  A little bit of fluid should come
out, and then your brakes will be fine, for a while.  As you stop a few
more times, pressure will build up in the lines and your brakes will start
to bind again.  This happened to me, and it turned out to be a bad tipper
valve.  This valve apparently allows the fluid to go back to the master
cylinder.  Seems odd that your's should go bad since the master cylinder is
so new, but you never know.

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6