TR6 front brakes sticking on

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 front brakes sticking on
From: "Cameron Greig" <tr6greig@globalnet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 12:33:02 +0100
Hi All

Seems a common subject at the moment.On my way home last night
I stopped at a friends house for two mins to drop of some papers
and when I left the car seemed down on power.There was no pulling
left or right and the brakes seemed to stop the car just fine.Luckily
I was only half a mile from home once the car was under cover
I realised from the smell and heat that bother front callipers had
seized on.I left the car for a few hour to cool down after which
both callipers had freed themselves. I jacked up the car and found
after I applied the brakes it took a while for the callipers to return.
The only other difference I noticed was that the pedal had less
travel than normal

The master cylinder was new 4 months ago ( 1500miles) and I'm
using  standard fluid.

At present I intend replacing all the fluid,bleed the system and
see how it goes.

Any ideas!

Cameron
TR6 150bhp