Re: Changing gearbox oil.

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Changing gearbox oil.
From: "Stephen Flaherty" <TR818iS@iol.ie>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 01:40:17 +0100

I had a bright idea the other day - decided to give my TR6 an A to Z
 overhaul.
 Everything was going according to plan until I decided to change the
gearbox
 oil. I first drained it via the drain plug. That was the easy part. Then I
 went to fill it with new oil - however I find the filler plug very
difficult
 to loosen. It is a square head plug in a very awkard position on the side
of
 the gear box.
 My question is - I know this may seem stupid but who cares - is this filler
 plug loosened by turning it anticlockwise (which is what I have been trying
 to do). I have broken two 7/16th open ended spanners already - but I have
 ordered the correct Square head tool which will solve my problem - I hope

 Steve