Exhaust

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Exhaust
From: mjmullin@juno.com
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 11:20:51 -0400
Listers:

Sorry to be posting so late, but I'm so busy that I only check the list
twice a week or so!  I'm getting the exhaust back on my car now, and hope
to fire the ol' gal up next weekend!  For those of you who are 6-PACK
members, I'm going to chronicle the project (which took a lot longer than
it should have) in a newsletter article later this year.  Two things:

1) Yes, I am fitting two O2 sensors, and will let y'all know how they
work out, with part #'s, etc.

2) I thought I'd hit on something big when I discovered Permatex Muffler
and Tailpipe Sealer (it comes in a tube). My mechanic buddy told me to
use this product ONLY if you NEVER plan to take the exhaust apart again,
I guess it sets up very hard (it's a TR, and you know I'll be pulling the
exhaust numerous times in my lifetime!)  He recommended using Permatex
Ultra Copper silicone....he reports that he's used it on manifold
outlets, and it stays pliable even with all the heat generated there.
It's sensor safe too. I'm using this stuff on my exhaust system joints,
and will let you know if it is truly exhaust pipe friendly!

Matt Mullin
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.