Re: Grose jets

To: Kraeuter.Bob@oscsystems.com (Bob Kraeuter)
Subject: Re: Grose jets
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 19:48:56 -0700 (PDT)
Bob---The ad men at the Grose Jet Co. claim that their product is more
fool-proof than the stock jet that is on the TR6. Their pitch is that
the nylon tapered needle is subject to wear, and doesn't seal off the
flow of fuel as efficiently as does their ball bearing one can. Theirs
is not bullet proof either. When my electric pump was set at 5lb.
pressure, it can overpower even a Grose jet, on occasion. Setting the
pressure at 3 lb. I've had no further flooding in several years.  The
little spoken of advantage of the Grose jet is that they flow more fuel
(GPH) which is only important in racing situations with a thirsty
engine. In short, I wouldn't change from stock if you're satisfied that
yours are working as intended.

Dick T
'73