Re: Clutch Salve Cylinder Leaking Help!!!!

To: "jdhenn" <jdhenn@prodigy.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch Salve Cylinder Leaking Help!!!!
From: "Mike Brinker" <mike.brinker@mfasco.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2000 22:42:25 -0400
Jim,
I went through two master cylinders and a clutch slave cylinder because I
used Dot 3 brake fluid.  It had nothing to do with any extra welded pieces.
I eventually changed over to silicone.  With the Dot 3, the rubber seemed to
get soft and deteriorate.   Is there a black cloud in your clutch fluid
reservoir?
If your slave cylinder is relatively new and the bore is not pitted, buy a
rebuild kit and use Dot 4 fluid.
Does the weld pass through any seal in the slave cylinder or just the dust
cover?
That is my 2 cents.  Hope that helps.  You can also check the archives here
http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=sixpacklist for other references
to your problem.
Good Luck,

Mike Brinker