Clutch Salve Cylinder Leaking Help!!!!

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch Salve Cylinder Leaking Help!!!!
From: jdhenn <jdhenn@prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2000 19:35:52 -0400
Howdy fellow listers,
My TR6 has been running nice and smooth for a while so you haven't heard
from me. I am enjoying the beautiful weather in Central Florida, 80
degrees and sunny.  Our British Car Breakfast club had a great turnout
today.  Now down to the problem.  My clutch slave cylinder is leaking
where the pushrod goes into the slave.  It is leaking out the middle of
the rubber boot that caps the end of the slave and the push rod goes
into.  My pushrod is a half inch longer than normal due to an earlier
clutch fix.  Any thoughts on why it is leaking there?  Is it because the
push rod has been extended via a weld?  It squirts out when the clutch
is depressed and the push rod extends out of the slave. The slave is
supposed to be less than a year old. A mechanic, whom I don't use
anymore, said he put in a brand new slave, and not a rebuild kit about
10 months ago.

75 TR6 CF335914U
--
Jim Henningsen