Re: sun visor slippage

To: "6pack list" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: sun visor slippage
From: pmachold <pmachold@fcgint.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 16:47:15 -0500
Your problem is not with the rubber blocks.  They are simply to hold the
visors against the windscreen frame.  The visors rotate on the shaft that
holds them to the car.  You need to pull the visor off this shaft and
carefully apply pressure with a padded pair of pliers to the metal sleeve
within the visor.  You are trying to distort this inner sleeve enough to
get a grip on the shaft.  Too much pressure and you will crush the
sleeve.  Squeeze a little then test fit.  Squeeze more if it still slips.

Good luck,
Peter Macholdt
TR250

>Any
>one out there have a problem with your car's replacement visors and the
>accompanying rubber block clips which hold them next to your rear view
>mirror
>failing to keep the visors from moving from the positon where you set them.
>I am going nuts constantly adjusting them back to an upright position.  I
>thought about gluing velcro to them, but that would look ugly on the
>windscreen.  Are these simply defective (too large a space in the slot which
>holds the bar)? I got them from The Roadster Factory, and was surprised that
>they don't grip the visor more tightly.  Any one else have this problem?
>Solution?
>
>Redtriumphtr6@aol.com

Peter Macholdt                    FCG International
(215) 321-2360                    Suite 503
(215) 321-2370 FAX                301 Oxford Valley Road
                                  Yardley, PA 19067