Re: sun visor slippage, +

To: RedTriumphTr6@aol.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: sun visor slippage, +
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 13:01:29 -0800 (PST)
--WebTV-Mail-8313-753

RedTR---There's a steel bushing that runs thru the visor. Putting a
slight bend in the visor rod before slipping it thru the visor(s) will
create the friction necessary to keep them in place.

In a previous inquiry, you thought it might be a faulty water control
valve that caused your no-heat-from-the-heater problem. While these
valves shouldn't leak, the usual reason for changing them is their
inability to hold back the flow of water, most always from a ruptured
diaphragm inside the valve. This meant the heater was always seeing hot
water, rather than no water at all. I'd suggest that you take a length
of hose and a pipe nipple, and run it directly the head to check the
rest of the system while you're waiting for the new valve to arrive.

Another question posed was the worth of   the British Leyland radio in
your car. We know these units were poor performers by any standard, but
if the rest of your car is original, I'd keep the radio standard, as
well. Carrying a good, portable boom box is one way to keep originality
in tact, yet gives one the better music quality, if you like sounds
other than what the TR plays.

One more inquiry was whether air conditioning took power from the motor.
It has to take some power, but not enough to hobble this stout engine.
Many new cars have a feature that cuts off the air conditioner when it
senses a wide open throttle. If you're engaged in a speed contest,
simply not having your Air turned on seems like the way to go. There is
minimal drag when the compressor is not running. You are fortunate to
have such an accessory, especially if it was an original "factory"
option.

Dick T
'73

--WebTV-Mail-8313-753