dry sump plumging?

To: VINTAGE LIST <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: dry sump plumging?
From: " christopher h. kang, md" <chkangmd@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 00:08:07 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
I'm installing a dry sump system (still) and the location I've decided on is in
the passenger seat area w the lines running back to the engine (midengine car).
My question is does the tank return line have/reccomended to be level or higher
than the oil pump? the easiest way to pumb the return involves going over part
of the rear chassis then back down to the pump which would appear like a sink
trap-upside down "U".  A more involved route would be through middle of the
chassis back to the pump which would only be a slight incline run .

christopher
72 lotus europa