Re: Head and Neck Safety Devices - My opinion

To: "Vaughn Rockney" <lists@vintagegarage.com>,
Subject: Re: Head and Neck Safety Devices - My opinion
From: "Carl McLelland" <carlynneracing@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 09:01:58 -0700
Ed Swart (HSR-West) printed in the last newsletter and mentioned it at drivers
meeting at Willow Springs two weeks ago that Snell 2000 helmets would be
required in 2006. While strongly recommended I don't know of any (HSR-West)
proposed requirement for neck and head restraint.

Carl

  Don,
    If the proposed HSR rule changes for 2006 become firm, Snell 2000 helmets
  will be required next year, and head and neck restraints will become
  mandatory for many race groups in 2006, and all groups by 2007.  Take a
look
  at the mailer for Daytona, and scroll down to page 3.  The mailer is at:
  http://www.hsrrace.com/HSR/HSRHome.nsf/attachmentweb/EJEN-675Q2U/$file/Even
t+Mailer+-+Brumos+Daytona+Continental+Historic.pdf?OpenElement