Re: Head and Neck Safety Devices

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Head and Neck Safety Devices
From: Henry Frye <henry@henryfrye.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 09:25:15 -0400
At 09:03 PM 10/19/2005 -0400, Rick Fisk wrote:
>One thing that has me wondering about the HANS device is that when you buy
>one the HANS sales rep drills mounting holes in your helmet for the
>mounting devices.  What do these holes do to the integrity of your helmet
>shell?

I thought about this as well, but after seeing the rep install the pins on
someone else's helmet I can to the conclusion that if my head were in a
helmet that was compromised because of those two holes, it wasn't going to
matter much... The outcome was going to be the same.

This is just my opinion, I have no academic or professional qualifications
to back this up.

Henry Frye
#04 TR4