Earplugs

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Earplugs
From: "Ryan, Richard" <RRyan@frk.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 13:38:40 -0700
I have finally decided I need really good earplugs for racing.  I have used the
"regular" ones and am tired of asking, "What did you say?" all race weekend and
on Mondays.

I am looking for comments, recommendations, tips, and printed material on
earplugs.  Which ones work and which ones don't.  Why is one type better than
another type?  Where can I get them?  How much do they cost?  Can they be
converted to radio receivers if I want to do that in the future?  Do different
types of engines (V-8 versus 2-stroke) require different types of earplugs?

Thanks for your help.

Dick Ryan  650-312-4022  (24022)
Director of Risk Management
Franklin Templeton Investments
One Franklin Parkway  960/4
San Mateo, CA 94403-1906
Fax 650-312-5830  (25830)

Notice:  All email and instant messages (including attachments) sent to
or from Franklin Templeton Investments (FTI) personnel may be retained,
monitored and/or reviewed by FTI and its agents, or authorized
law enforcement personnel, without further notice or consent.