Re: Rules and 'Cheating'

To: WSpohn4@aol.com, Rogsie@telesistech.com, S800Racer@aol.com,
Subject: Re: Rules and 'Cheating'
From: "Mark Palmer" <mgvrmark@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 02:00:01 -0000
Bill,

Your comment "you have to be at absolute peak attention for a half an hour,
running at the ragged edge, not wasting a tenth of a second that you can
help" implies a relationship between attentiveness and 10/10ths driving.  I
disagree.  I believe there are plenty of good drivers in vintage, that ARE
at absolute peak attention, but choose NOT to run at the ragged edge.

You might see them as "Roving Chicanes", but they have as much right to the
track, as the fast guys (as long as they're paying attention).  Besides, at
one point or another, you and I and virtually everyone becomes a roving
chicane to somebody else.

I think we'd probably agree, that the real problem is the inattentive driver
-- which does not correlate necessarily with the 7/10ths or 8/10ths driver.

Regards,
Mark