Re: Transplants

To: "Jim Hayes" <hayes@mediaone.net>,
Subject: Re: Transplants
From: "JOHN HARDEN" <JOHN.HARDEN@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 14:27:29 -0600
Listers are much simpler than Allards when it comes to correct motors, since
they only came in two flavors. All Lister Jags used 3.8 litre D type motors
with wide angle heads. All Lister Chevies should be using 283cid blocks with
straight plug cast iron heads. In 58 and 59 the actual displacement of
almost all "283s" including Devins, Scarabs and a multitude of other
Specials, was 339cid due to overbore and/or crank stroking. Since Allards
were delivered without motor or tranny, they had all kinds of motors
installed, Cad, Olds, 331 and 354cid hemis, Studebaker, Hudson, Ford
flatheads etc,etc,etc.