Re: Speed Differentials

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Speed Differentials
From: "Mark Palmer" <mgvrmark@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 23:13:54 GMT
OK, I'll bite ... I race an MGA (roadster), and occasionaly run with F-Jrs
and/or F-Vee.

Had a WONDERFUL time with Grant Reynolds in a Vee at Summit last fall -- one
of my most enjoyable, closest races ever.  As he drafted me down the
straight, he got so close I couldn't even see him (and I have GREAT
mirrors).

THe point?  It was safe, and great fun, because we KNEW each other was
there.  He knew what to expect of me (I don't block or change line
mid-corner) and I knew what he was doing (beautifully executed drafting
passes down the main straight).

I agree that SOME cars don't mix well, but safety is primarily a DRIVER
issue not an equipment issue.

Regards,
Mark Palmer