Re: spitf/GT6 Question

To: Ccanepa50@aol.com
Subject: Re: spitf/GT6 Question
From: rebjrmd@ix.netcom.com
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 1999 07:18:47 -0700
Chuck, when you say that you are building a Ginetta "from scratch," what
do you mean?   Do you have a "basket case" car with chassis number and
history, or are you making up a car starting with nothing i.e. an "air"
car?  As a Ginetta (G4) owner, I can tell you that the Ginetta Owners
CLub members are very concerned about "reproductions."  This is
especially true since the Ginetta factory has decided to reproduce both
G4 and G12 models.  I have been told, however, that any one
knowledgeable about Ginettas can tell the difference.  We have all heard
the story of the person who discovered a Dussenburg engine and decided
to "restore" the whole car.  If, indeed, you are trying to resurrect a
"real" Ginetta, I can tell you that early G4's had LHD Mini steering
racks turned upside down to make them suitable for a RHD car!  That is
what is in my car and the ratio seems just fine.

Dick Buckingham, Jr.
G4 owner