Re: fitting a newcomer

To: G_Ivory@beutel-can.com, owner-vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: Re: fitting a newcomer
From: Ccanepa50@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 21:39:11 EST
I'll throw my two pennys  into this wishing well........having races A-H
Sprites  for a few years my choice would be also be a purpose built race car
car, like a Genie sports racer  or the like, prefered engine would be either
chevy, ford, or rover V-8, (a durable, high HP powerplant that doesnt cost an
arm and a leg to maintain), I think that it is much better to wait a little
longer so as to afford a racer with a more durable drivetrain,  might cost
more up front but it will  be cheaper in the bigger picture , a F-Ford is also
a good choice for speed and durability and enjoyment  if your area groups
allow it (though they dont carry the prestige of other formula carsor sports
racers) ...............as a small bore guy I always wonder what it is like to
have all that  torque and HP under foot.................chuck