FW: Re: Dumping bearings

To: vintage-race
Subject: FW: Re: Dumping bearings
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 11:07:45 -0700 (MST)
[BOUNCE vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net:    Non-member submission from [jim
fuerstenberg <jimf42@rocketmail.com>]]

     Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 12:30:56 -0800 (PST)
     From: jim fuerstenberg <jimf42@rocketmail.com>
     Subject: Re: Dumping bearings

That is a really strange call.  I rebuild my Mini-Cooper gearbox annually (it
is a race car) and always order bearings.  I have never been called asking
what they are.  My suggestion is do not order by UPS from the UK.  Way too
expensive. Ask the suppier to ship Parcelline or Air Parcel Post.  Those come
through the post office.  The duty is much lower as are service charges.
Approx. $15 duty on a $600-800 order.

Jim