Dumping bearings

To: "'Vintage Race List'" <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Dumping bearings
From: "Rockney, Vaughn (GEIS)" <Vaughn.Rockney@geis.ge.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 14:59:18 -0500
Listers
  I just got a call from a UPS agent who called to ask me U.S. Customs
questions on the shipment of Lotus parts coming from England.  She was
balking at the "bearing" that was in the shipment.  I think it would
have likely been a clutch throwout bearing.  She needed to know the
country of origin, the manufacturer of the bearing, whether it was a
needle or roller bearing, etc... so she could determine the
"anti-dumping" duty.  I said I didn't have the foggiest idea, and to
charge me the highest tarrif on the part.. about $15.  I just want my
parts.  The various other bushings, rods, mounts, tanks, etc. in the
shipment had had no problems.  Has anybody heard of anti-dumping tarrifs
concerning bearings.  What should I have said?
Vaughn