Re: Other Team Names

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Subject: Re: Other Team Names
From: Bill Dalton <billd13@essex1.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 18:43:34 -0600
Wm. Severin Thompson wrote:

> Joe,
>
>  I guess you weren't on the distribution list that contained the
> bareassed naked Santa.... sent by a certain Road America corner
> worker...(Irv Korey... you know who you are...)
>
> WST
>
> Alexander Joseph H wrote:
>
> > <Snip>
> >
> > It might take our rather staid and serious SCCA Corner Folk, at Road
> > America, a little while to adapt to the sense of humor of the Pacific
> > Northwest.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > "Alexander Racing & Touring Society"...
> >
> > (This could be "Fast Alexander Racing & Touring Society", but people
> > would pick  up on the acronym....)

Some of this "staid and serious corner folk" were at corner 7 at
Blackhawk at the MKE region Rennen Festival this October and after all
of the cars passed on their final lap changed into grass skirts and
other acoutrements of Hawaian dress and red flagged the class winners to
leia them. One or 2 of the racers actually lost control of their cars
and slid to a stop-they were laughing so hard they could not see. Since
we could see it from the pits we were very careful to get out of the lan
as they ame in to enter the paddock. They (and we) are deadly serious at
the job but really know how ot have fun when the checker has fallen!
Bill D.