Re: SCCA Laguna Seca event

To: EHSMITH@us.oracle.com, VEENET@aol.com
Subject: Re: SCCA Laguna Seca event
From: SPVETTE@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 23:38:23 -0400 (EDT)
Ted, I was at the Laguna Vintage Races. I was the one driving the 63 Park
Performance Corvette.Yes, the one with flares and oversized tires.I know that
I had a slight advantage over alot of the cars in group 5, but the only
vintage racing that I can do with my car is with SCCA.I was having some fun
on Saturday running with Mac Archer in his 65 Cobra, Sunday he had some
problems and wasn't able to run. I started up front and Dan Luckow was next
to me, that lasted till about turn 2. I don't think that our race was all
that good, we must have done about 5 or 6 pase car laps.
I still had a fun weekend, it was good to see all my Shelby Club friends. I
told Glenn Hill that I probably wouldn't be going to any more SCCA Vintage
races, because to many people were complaining about my car, but he wanted me
to come back next year.
For the people that don't know me, I have only been racing for 1 year. Last
years Vintage Race was my very first, and there were people complaining about
my car there. I was running road race tires, so this year I put treaded tires
on, but it didn't seem to help, sorry guys!!

Steve Toth
# 63 Corvette