Insurance Question

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Insurance Question
From: Jeff Snook <jsnook_gmi@wcnet.org>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 1996 10:08:42 -0800
Hello Vintage Racers,

I have been reading with interest the dialog on insurance and vintage
racing.  A couple of years ago I applied for a rather large amount of
life insurance and the agent asked me to complete an "Avocation
Supplemental Application" for Connecticut Mutual Life Insurance Co.  I
had to list vintage racing along with scuba diving (they did not ask
about skiing.)  I explained how vintage racing was "gentlemen's" racing
and that there was no financial reward for winning.  The bottom line was
that the insurance company did not increase my premiums because of
vintage racing.  I do not carry any collision insurance on the race car
because it is not a street car any more.  If anyone has any ways to
carry collision at a reasonable premium I would be interested in finding
out about some.

Jeff Snook
Battle of Britan Racing