Re: Brake fluid damage to paint

To: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Subject: Re: Brake fluid damage to paint
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 10:53:19 -0400
>You most certainly don't want to spray brake cleaner on the spill. Brake
>cleaner is by definition a solvent, and that'll probably wreck your paint
>even more.

I use brake cleaner (or I used to, anyway) as a general cleaner to get the
rubber marks off of my race car.  In my innocence, I tried to use it to get
the bugs and gunk off of the lexan windscreen.  The result was a totally
clouded windscreen and several hours spent this weekend making a new one.
Just a warning in the spirit of friendship.

Not that anyone would walk round the paddock with a can of brake cleaner
"testing" for lexan windscreens on cars that shouldn't havethem...(mine's on
an open car)  ;)

Cheers, and see you at Mid-Ohio this weekend!

Brian Evans